Friday, July 17, 2009

Voting, Undergrad Fashion and Dirty Food

Voting…If I had a dollar for each time someone has asked me today, "Did you vote?" I would have, as Tony Soprano's character stated in one episode, "A private jet on standby." Will I exercise my civic duty? Does a bear shit in the woods? Do Christians love Jesus? Are orgasms pleasurable?I think you know the answer to these questions.

Undergrad Fashion…In my attempts to become a better person, I've been trying to fight the urge to be judgmental and critical. However, I am only human and therefore, I must vent my frustration about the lack of fashion on the UW campus. Number One: I've worked on the campus since the fall of 2006. Leggings, Ugg boots, and Northface sleeping bags coats are dead. Let's move on lemmings.Number Two: On the subject of leggings… THEY ARE NOT PANTS. Number Three: Who the fuck made slippers a new fashion trend among these young people??? Keep them at home under your bed.Number Four: If I may reference an episode of Sex in the City where Samantha witnesses a woman in a track suit carrying a Birkin (a very expensive) handbag… I am appalled when I see young women in violation of the above (un)mentionables carrying a fucking purse that is worth more than what I bring home in a month. So you dress like you crawled out of bed and you think that carrying an expensive accessory is going to make up for this? I don't fucking think so. Get a clue, do yourself a favor, and buy some decent clothes.

Dirty Food…Finally, I need to confess that the following list of 'foods' I find downright repulsive and unpalatable. HOWEVER, I will eat them if available and have no restraint upon the quantity consumed. I'm sure you have this list as well…*Nacho Cheese Doritos – This spurred my confession; there was an open bag in the break room.*Oreo Cookies*McDonald's Cheese Burgers*Ruffles Potato Chips*Peanut Butter Twix*GardettosClosing thoughts… Global warming is frightening but I will accept the benefits (it's November 4th and 68 degrees). It's about 90% certain I will be getting a bigger office. I used profanity four times in this blog…

No comments:

Post a Comment