Friday, July 17, 2009

Casting Random Weekend Call Rants 3/7/2008

I posted a blog earlier in the week, however, after some serious pondering I decided that it would be advantageous if I removed it from the lineup. It was a little too, shall we say, 1995's 'Jagged Little Pill' by Alanis on steriods…

As mentioned in a previous blog, I ventured down to the Monona Terrace on a Saturday morning for an open casting call for extras in the upcoming movie 'Public Enemies'. Well wouldn't you know yours truly got a call back yesterday! I will have the privilege of hanging out on a movie set here in the near future. The best part of this whole deal is going to wardrobe; falling in the same category as my future academic endeavors. Sweet.

Today when I took the janky-ass elevators down to the third floor to visit my favorite media librarian, we became engrossed in a conversation about pet peeves. One that I have failed to mention that HAS to be atop my list involves people stopping by without calling. Now, I will admit that I don't have this problem any longer since I live in Madison, but it did happen quite often when I lived in Michigan. The only person I ever gave a pass to was my sister, and, wouldn't you know, she always called. The others I wanted to kick in the back of the pants.

On the subject of kicking someone's ass, (which was the content of the aforementioned blog since removed) I lament I was not around when slapping one across the face was fashionable. Sometimes I think a bitch slap would do everyone; on both sides of the impalement, a little bit of good. Such an instance happened to me yesterday. A will-remain-nameless individual made a rude remark about my fabulous vertical striped pants. This person has, on countless occasions, annoyed me to the brink of binge eating from the vending machine. Needless to say I imagined bitch slapping this person across the face for the pants comment and then again across the other side for having no fashion sense themselves… I don't think a person has the right to talk when the sweater they were donning was pulled from my grandmother's closet about 7 years ago. I could still smell the moth balls…

Switching to a more positive note, I will be visiting some old cronies from Milwaukee this weekend. I'm sure that gathering in itself will provide several blog installments; especially considering the excuse – think batteries crossed with Tupperware.
Closing thoughts – I LOATHE meetings. Why did AW have to mention Vicodin this morning??? My desk is in disarray… I need another Diet Coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment