Friday, July 17, 2009

Tight Rolling: Worst Fashion Trend EVER 4/3/2008

Earlier today, my friend Angie and I were having a discussion at the front desk about fashion trends, some hideous and some not, from our youth.

Here’s an abbreviated list of what we came up with:
Oversized shirts
Acid washed jeans
Layered socks
Name brand jeans – Z. Cavericci, Girboud, and Guess

Of course, whenever I talk to someone in my age group about these items, I cannot help myself… I had to tight roll my pants. Yeah, that’s right, in the lobby of my workplace I went ahead and "pegged" my pants.

Angie and I sat there laughing as to how ridiculous this looked. BUT, I do recall down right refusing to leave the house unless my pants were pegged -AND you know that if you are between the age of 30 and 35 you did too. As Angie and I were laughing uncontrollably, one of the student employees walked by. I had to apologize profusely for how incredibly outlandish I must have appeared. The only response I received was an odd look.

I laughed all the way back to my office, "I can’t BELIEVE I used to wear my pants like that!!!" As I sat down in my chair the phone rang. It was Angie.

Disko: "Good afternoon, how may I help you."
Angie: "Hey, it’s Angie."
Disko: "What’s up?"
Angie: "Do you know how old Jamie (the student employee) is?"
Disko: "Isn’t she like 21 or 22?"
Angie: "Yeah. She was like four years old when that was hot. She doesn’t remember it and thought you were showing it off as a new trend."
Disko: "Shit. I feel old!"

Directly after this phone call, I of course googled "Tightrolling". This is what I found. If you lived through this particular short stint of bad fashion, you will know, and you will laugh. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLpyL3LUbw

For those of you who haven’t lived this nightmare don’t even attempt to bring it back. It needs to remain six feet under just like severely tapered jeans and MC Hammer Pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment