Friday, July 17, 2009

On Homer and Beer 4/1/2008

Last night I had a Homer Simpson moment. One of my best friends is due in a week and I have been working feverishly to finish the blanket for her daughter. I became quite frustrated with trying to attach the satin binding to the edges of the blanket. For those of you who are unaware of the properties of satin binding, let’s just say that if even dare look at it wrong it will unravel. Hence, my attempts to finish the corners of the blanket were giving me worse pains then Mi Cocina’s Mexican fare.I decided that I should stop and walk away. This was the best possible choice. Then I opened the fridge and grabbed a beer. Ah yes, the power of beer. If you guessed that after my frosty, discretionary beverage I finished the blanket you would be correct. The binding became putty in my hands and I was able to mold and sew the corners with ease. Again, I will reiterate, the power of beer. Homer would have been proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment