Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Love and Simple Pleasures 7/13/09

Life is full of simple pleasures; a good laugh, sleeping in on a Sunday morning, lazing in a hammock, clean sheets, orgasms, chocolate, giving the bird to the ass hole driver that just cut you off…

And a four shot cappuccino when you have a hellacious hangover.

I awoke this past Wednesday morning as I do every Wednesday morning in the summer months; hung-the-fuck-over from drinking too much beer the night before while hacking a little white ball over perfectly manicured pastures. I know better. I’m a far cry from the days of old where I could drink men three times my size under the table. Sad, I know… And yet every week I return to the course with that dreamy look in my eye for the Capital and its tasty varieties of brewed barley and hops.

My rapport with the Capital has all the earmarks of a bad relationship; a destructive dance where I keep repeating the same vicious patterns of behavior. I know I need to break the cycle, but I can’t. I can’t tear myself away from the thirst-quenching, head-fogging, delicious summer swill. To feel the aluminum in my hand, the condensation sweating down its perfect cylinder and the calming effect it has on my presence as I bask in the glory of a summer afternoon…

Ah yes, to be so head-over-heels in love with a simple pleasure that in the end gives me immense pain and does NOT respect me in the morning.

When I wake on Wednesday mornings in the summer months I curse myself for giving into my Capital lover and its deceitful ways. I make a pact to change, that I will never, ever go back to the Capital. It has hurt me for the last time and I have indeed learned my lesson. I’m longing for a different lover in the early light of a summer Wednesday. It is a hero; one that will pick me up and provide comfort in my time of need. A sweet lover that wraps its warm arms around me, picks me up and will grant me clarity to carry on with my plight.

Ah yes, my four shot cappuccino, you provide such a simple pleasure and possess the qualities comparable to that of a great lover. I yearn for you doused heavily with sugary sweetness and your frothy 2% foam. I need you; you are my rebound to the night of debauchery with the Capital. I shall take the cappuccino and shall damn the Capital from my life forever…

However, I must apologize in advance my cappuccino, for the Capital will come calling again. The Capital will hunt me down, make me weak at the knees, and seductively call my name until I succumb to its precarious ways. The Capital has the qualities of the dangerous lover and drives me wild with excitement. I cannot say no to the Capital; its magnetic power exploits my vulnerabilities that forces me denounce all of my common sense…

I love you cappuccino, and I will need to call on you again in the near future, but my love for the Capital will always trump you as the simplest of my summer pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment