Friday, July 17, 2009

Profanity 4/29/08

I relish in the fact that I use a great deal of profanity in my daily discourse. There is a large part of my character that is rebellious in nature; therefore, I enjoy pushing the envelope in the realm of shock value. However, since I do live and work in a city that prides itself in 'Political Correctness' I have been trying to curb my use of the profane.This in itself is a problem, and has actually caused me a great deal of strife. Bottom line; I have a fondness for these 'dirty' words and I pride myself on being just a wee bit on the gritty side. We are taught to embrace diversity, no? This applies to cultural differences; as I have been informed while serving on a search and screen committee. Well, shouldn't my way of speaking be tolerated because it can be directly correlated with my blue collar upbringing?
The answer is NO. Which is too fucking bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment